Hybrid Off-the-Shelf/Custom Solution Is Tailored to the Use Case with Modular Components
LIBERTYVILLE, IL (July 22, 2021) – In a major time and cost savings for developers of camera-based medical applications, MBX Systems now offers a mobile cart platform combining a modular medical-grade housing with multiple workstation and camera options, engineering services to match the right hardware to the use case, and integration services enabling medical technology developers to deliver turnkey software/hardware solutions. The new Kori™ platform – being demo’d at Booth #1630-03 in the Healthcare of the Future Pavilion at HIMSS next month - can be integrated with technology used for patient safety monitoring, telehealth, remote live surgery collaborations and other medical purposes, including AI inferencing applications.
Kori significantly reduces upfront design and engineering costs and shortens the time to market from a year or more to as little as three months by eliminating the need for custom cart design, using Dell Optiplex and Precision workstations or other PCs that are pre-certified for medical and global use, and utilizing MBX’s expertise in designing and building complex hardware platforms to consolidate all development and assembly services under one roof.
MBX specs the optimal workstation and component combination for the ISV’s needs, including GPUs for complex inference technologies; images, tests and verifies the ISV’s software on each production unit; and installs the finished computing system in the base of the cart using a standard VESA mount. MBX also installs all cameras and peripherals needed for the application, adds branding, and packages and ships finished units to end customers.
Data can be processed within the unit and transmitted to the central monitoring station via WiFi or Bluetooth, eliminating the bandwidth required to stream video. Other features include:
- Hanwha or AXIS PTZ dome cameras pre-configured to work with Kori, with other camera mounts available
- Multiple peripheral, power and port options, including touch monitors, HMI or LED displays, an articulating arm and more
- 246 individually programmable LEDs, located in three separate locations on the cart, with a developer’s kit for easy coding of lighting patterns corresponding to usage status, alerts and system diagnostics
- A built-in USB speakerphone with noise cancellation for clear two-way communication between patients and remote stations
- A 5-point wheelbase with non-marking locking casters and 4” wheel for smooth gliding over small gaps and uneven surfaces
- Easy serviceability in the field with an accessible power system and removable VESA-mounted computer reached by detaching four screws from the cart base
- Optional branding and customizable colorways to fit your brand and design requirements
“Most camera-based mobile medical systems require expensive and time-consuming custom cart design and are not adaptable to different applications,” said Roger Lam, Director of Engineering at MBX Systems. “Our Kori platform streamlines the process by providing a standard housing as well as engineering, testing and integration services that produce a plug-and-play system including all necessary mounts and peripherals while also giving the ISV the ability to customize LED indicator lighting. With the flood of new AI camera-based applications hitting the market, these are major benefits for ISVs in the medical space.”
More information is available at www.mbx.com/kori.
About MBX Systems
MBX Systems provides purpose-built and deployment-ready hardware platforms on a foundation of customized services and interactive software tools for technology companies that deliver complex products as integrated hardware/software solutions. Building on 25+ years of experience and product deployments in 175 countries, the MBX ecosystem features MBX Hatch™, the industry's most advanced toolset for orchestrating hardware program data and action. Hardware solutions are manufactured in ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016 certified facilities using the award-winning Forge™ infrastructure developed by MBX to automate customers' high variability manufacturing requirements for faster time to market. For more information, visit www.mbx.com.